This is a really easy way to make your own Mayo. It means you do not have to stock another condiment jar, and makes use of leftover juice from any handy jar of beans -butter beans or Chickpeas are favourite. We typically make some when we make Hummus. The rest of the ingredients are pretty much staple spices from our stores, and if we have run out of any it’s no biggie. The use of black salt adds an authentic eggy tang.
- 3 Tablespoons of Aquafaba – the juice from any bean can.
- 1tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of hot english mustard powder
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of onion powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of garlic powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon of black salt (optional)
- 3/4 to 1 cup of flavourless, light oil such as grapeseed.
combine all ingredients except the oil in a bowl.
use a electric hand blender to combine.
while running the blender slowly add the grapseed oil. the mixture will combine and thicken. When thick enough, stop adding oil. blend a bit more.