Perfect for that mid morning snack or pick me up after a snorkel. Using only five ingredients, they are handy on your store cupboard ingredients. Being gluten free and with no added sugar it means they are really healthy too! They fact they are really yummy means they will not last long.
Recipe modified from Minimalist Baker
- 1 cup / 220g of dates dates, pitted (if dry, soak in warm water for 10 minutes, then drain well)
- 3 Tbsp all-natural salted peanut or almond butter
- 2 teaspoons of cacao or cocoa powder or 1/4 cup of dairy-free dark chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 Tbsp chia seeds (can also use flax or hemp seeds)
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- Pulse dates in a food processor or blender until they’re in small pieces or it forms a ball.
- Add oats, chocolate, chia seeds and peanut butter and pulse or mix until combined. You want consistent, small pieces but not overly processed.
- Carefully roll into small balls using your hands. If you want single bite size, you can make about 20 balls. Or make them slightly larger to get about 15. We keep them small but have a couple at a time!
- To set, pop in fridge or freezer for 15 minutes. Otherwise, eat as is!
- Will keep fresh in an air-tight bag or container for up to a week. Freeze for longer term storage.