For those cooler evenings – a rib-sticking meal of sausage and mash or meatloaf might be on the cards. This gravy is the perfect accompaniment.
- 1/4 cup flour
- Double Trouble Vegan Gravy
- 3 tbsp margarine
- 2 tablespoon miso paste
- 3 cups liquid ( veg stock 2 1/2 plus 1/4 cup of red or white wine)
- 1/4 tsp onion powder
- Splash of soy sauce ( optional depending on how salty the stock is)
- Splash of balsamic ( optional)
- Onion gravy
- Fry up onions low and slow and add to gravy
- Melt margarine
- Add flour and stir to make a roux .
- Cook for a fw minutes to cook out the raw flour taste
- Dissolve the miso and onion powder into the liquids and add to the pan, stirring all the time to prevent lumps.
- Stir until thick
- Add soy sauce to taste